Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Letter To Mr. President

Mr. President of Pakistan,
London, UK

Dear Mr. President,


I hope that you are in perfect health and enjoying the time of your life in London. And expect that you would be enjoying the drizzle there, unlike the rest of us. You went away for just a week or so, but we missed you so much that we counted each and every moment. As a consequence, we prolonged our own agony while anticipating your return. This further aggravated our restlessness and doubtlessly increased your love in our hearts. I, especially, became so impatient that I couldn’t stop myself from writing this letter.


So, first of all, let me congratulate you on your “successful” visit. Rumours are that it was a disaster but who cares about those chattering media personnel. They are against you anyway. Therefore, I would take for granted, the word of our beloved information minister which, to me, is second only to The Divine Message. And although, Media and establishment tried their best to impede your way by their “propaganda” but you showed them “what” you are made of (by not listening to anyone). So far, that’s the best quality which manifested in your ever evolving and revolving personality

By the way did you hear about what happened in Pakistan after your departure? Mr. Syed Raza Haider of MQM was shot dead and Karachi started burning after that. So far, 100 people have died in these ethnic killings. PM reached karachi a day before yesterday. He probably travelled on foot as air travel isn't so safe anymore. I don’t want to ruin your entertainment packed trip but I must inform you about the floods too. News agencies reported that upto 14 million Pakistanis lost everything they owned including around 1500 of their relatives. Pretty nice statistics right! I would suggest that it’s a great opportunity for you to collect more “aid”.

I saw your pictures with Mr. Cameron and absolutely loved your grinning. One must say that it is a sign of true leadership. Only a person like you can chuckle when the whole nation is in shock and grief. I also heard about the warm welcome you received from the overseas Pakistanis. There, I spotted a placard too, which stated “GO ZARDARI GO” and I am sure it must have boosted your morale. I, myself, experience the same feeling when I hear my enthusiastic friends raising slogans, while running with the ball in my feet.

And oh, I heard about that shoe throwing incident. To be very frank, I knew it was going to happen someday. My friends and I, were quite optimistic that Bush’s feat is not going to stay unmatched as long as you are in power. Now, we can also boast about the shoe throwing games on facebook depicting our president. I was thinking about challenging my States’ friends on “who can get more hits”.

But, I wonder why Mr. Farhat Ullah Babar denied this incident and why did some other official call it a publicity stunt? I think you are already publicized to the brim. However, to be honest, I was also upset at the same time since our PM didn’t take “notice” of this incident. Nevertheless, It was very pleasing to hear about the valiant attacks of PPP jyalas (juhlaas) on hawkers and cable operators. That reminded me of the fearlessness of German Gestapo.

Thus, in short, I would say that your visit resulted in a great accomplishment despite all the efforts by the establishment and media to malign you, and you rose up to the mark in spite of immense pressure. You also collected a lot of funds for relief work. And I absolutely agree with your statement that it's the job of Chief Executive to look after the state affairs. It reminded me of the old times when kings used to know nothing about their people. And it made a lot of sense to me. After all, we should be reviving the glorious old traditions.

So I would recommend that whenever, God forbade, we are hit by a disaster in future, our PM should be the one roaming in the streets and visiting “fake” hospitals and relief camps. While you should do, what you do best, which is….collecting money.

Regards,
Silent Griever

7 comments:

  1. gud one ... but tht sob doesnt care wat ppl think ... in his mind, ppl had a bad opinion of him all the time , only in the past, he was in jail , now hes in president house... so he does wat he wants to n doesnt give a crap wat ppl say ... after all we r the grt nation tht puts thugs n thieves in its government n thn whine abt thr corruption ... so njoy while he lasts n thn we'll replace him with another guy with a different name , but same bloody nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive him. He's just a mentally sick, depressed, and hey, he has been out of the jail after quite some time. He wants to have his fun before someone blows off his head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Zardari, if you have any self respect then you should give it up! please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ maheen...some of the thoughts were picked up from PPP jyalas....i cannot comprehend that why will they justify his every dim-witted act...

    @ farhan...lets wait for his "jawab-e-shikwa". it'll be up in a couple of days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i liked the style of writer that how he has he pointed out the problems. it is not the right time to visit while the country is in deep trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silent Bayizzati by writer .we liked it .
    Get lost Ghaddari . Shoes will be waiting for u on Airport inshallah . Roads will be decorated by shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr persident .
    I m rising str n diffrent perfroer of Pk.but ur govermnt is sleeing in Polti bed.I can give ur for flood persons milion Dollers of fund rising.if u make me Abasderof ur fund.every contry makes ambasd,but over govt not works well.watchmy vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNyE9PSJ20g
    wondermarium@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete